In this chapter:
- What do you need to know about your trip to America or Canada?
- How should you prepare for your trip?
- What should you be aware of at the port of entry?
- What are the key items you should take care of after arriving?
The Trip of Your Life
2. So, You Want to Study in America or Canada!
3. Applying for Admission and Financial Assistance
4. Entrance Exams
5. Financial Assistance
6. International Student Visa
7.1 Pre-Trip Preparations
7.1.1. The Paperwork and Money
7.1.2 Packing for the Trip
7.1.3 Accommodation Upon Arrival
7.2 Arrival at the Port of Entry
7.2.1 Facing the Immigration Officials
7.2.2 Facing the Customs Officials
7.2.3 You’ve Arrived, Now What?
7.3 Settling In
7.3.1 Checking-In at Your College
7.3.2 Arranging a Steady Accommodation
7.3.3 Taking Care of Miscellaneous Items
7.5 Quick Reference Materials
7.6 Case Studies
8. The System of Higher Education in the US and Canada
9. Choices after Graduation
10. Final Words