In this chapter:
- What is a standardized entrance exam?
- How do colleges use the entrance exam results?
- Which entrance exam should you take? What does it entail?
- What is the procedure?
- How should you prepare?
2. So, You Want to Study in America or Canada!
3. Applying for Admission and Financial Assistance
4.1 Only One, But An Important Selection Criterion
4.2 Understanding the Entrance Exam Score
4.3 The Entrance Exam and You
4.3.1 Undergraduate Studies
4.3.2 Graduate Studies
4.4 Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
4.5 Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
4.6 American College Test (ACT)
4.7 Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
4.8 Graduate Management Aptitude Test
4.9 Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
4.10 Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
4.11 Preparing for Entrance Exam
4.11.1 Understanding the Content
4.11.2 Practice, Practice, Practice
4.11.3 Taking the Exam
4.11.4 Re-Taking the Exam
4.13 Quick Reference Materials
4.14 Case Studies
5. Financial Assistance
6. International Student Visa
7. The Trip of Your Life
8. The System of Higher Education in the US and Canada
9. Choices after Graduation
10. Final Words