Dear Mentor:

What do I need to do to study engineering in the US?

I would like that you give me procedures and files to be held to apply for a grant for the wishing students to follow the studies in the UNITED STATES in the fields of ingenieurie [engineering]. I am student in an institution deprived in CAMEROON (AFRICA) in second year CYCLE BTS OPTION ELECTROTECHNICS. Please approve sir everything my greetings respectful.

Ingenieurie in US, Yaounde, Cameroon

Dear Ingenieurie in US:

We can see - from your inquiry and Cameroon being a former French colony - that your language is French! To study in the US, you would have to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language.

Your source of financial aid or grants is typically your prospective college. You should indicate at the time of applying for admission that you wish to be considered for financial assistance. The competition for financial aid is fierce. Virtually no financial aid is available to foreign students for Bachelor's level studies. Getting admission is far easier than obtaining financial aid.

We are not sure whether you wish to be apply for a Bachelor's or Master's program. You are required to take the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) for the Bachelor's program and the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) for a Master's program. You can find Information on Entrance Exams in the iMahal Education Channel. We also offer the List of Engineering Colleges in the US.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!