|When is the GATE and how do I apply for it?
I like to know the date of the GATE [Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering] entrance examination, the date of issuing of application forms, etc.
All About GATE, Kochi, Kerala, India
Dear All About GATE:
GATE-2002 will be conducted on Sunday, February 10, 2002.
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE-2002 :
Information Brochure and Application Form which are non-transferable, are available from the following main Bank Branches on payment of (Non-refundable) Registration Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST categories) in cash. The candidates are required to submit the pay-in-slip in original with their application.
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy, and those
who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final of such programmes. However, if the degree is in Master of Computer Applications, the candidates should have had courses in Mathematics at the Bachelor's/ Master's level
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the (Post B.Sc.) Four-Year Integrated Master's degree programme in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of the Five-Year
Integrated Master's degree / Dual degree programme in Engineering/Technology
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Information Brochure and Application Form are also available at the counter of GATE Office of IITs and IISc on payment of non-refundable registration fee of Rs.1,000/-
(Rs.500/-SC / ST categories) only by Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Institute where the candidate intends to register. Enclose two self-addressed slips and send your request to
Chairman - GATE of the concerned Institute.
- IISc Bangalore Zone: (State Bank of India) Ananthapur, Bangalore (also at IISc Bangalore), Bidar, Calicut, Davangere, Ernakulam, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Kannur, Kottayam,
Mysore, Palakkad, Surathkal, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, Tumkur.
- IIT Bombay Zone: (State Bank of India) Ahmedabad, Amravati, Aurangabad, Baroda, Indore, Karad, Mumbai [Andheri, Navi-Mumbai (Konkan Bhavan), Dadar, Fort, IIT Powai], Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Panaji, Pune, Sangli, Shegaon, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Ujjain.
- IIT Delhi Zone: (Canara Bank) Agra, Amristar, Bathinda, Chandigarh, Gwalior, Hissar, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kota, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, New Delhi (only at IIT Delhi), Patiala, Udaipur,[Note: Also available at REC, Hamripur (HP)].
- IIT GUWAHATI ZONE: (Canara Bank) Agartala, Gangtok, Guwahati (also at IIT Guwahati), Jorhat, Patna, Shillong, Siliguri.
- IIT Kanpur Zone: (Union Bank of India) Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Haldwani, Jabalpur, Jhansi, Kanpur (also at IIT Kanpur), Lucknow, Rewa, Roorkee, Sagar, Sultanpur, Varanasi.
- IIT Kharagpur Zone: (Canara Bank) Angul, Asansol, Berhampur (Orissa), Bhagalpur, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar (Bapuji Nagar), Bilaspur, Burdwan, Cuttack, Durgapur, Hanumakonda (Warangal), Howrah, Jamshedpur (Bistupur), Kakinada, Kalyani, Kharagpur, Kolkata (Jadavpur, Sealdah), Muzaffarpur, Raipur (Malaviya Road), Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Sindri, Visakhapatnam (Suryabagh).
- IIT Madras Zone: (State Bank of India) Bapatla, Chennai (also at IIT Madras), Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Cuddapah, Dindigul, Eluru, Guntur, Hyderabad, Karaikudi, Khammam, Kurnool, Machilipatnam, Madurai, Nellore, Pondicherry, Port Blair, Salem, Secunderabad, Thanjavur, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupathi, Vijayawada.
For more details, particularly on the Structure of GATE-2002, please look into the posters displayed at bank branches mentioned above as well as at various Colleges/Universities/Institutes. These are also available on the Internet at the address:
Sale of Information Brochures and Application Forms starts from MON 01.10.2001
Last Date for
The examination date will not be changed under any circumstances.
- Request by Post is TUE 30.10.2001
- Sale at Bank Counters is TUE 06.11.2001
- Sale at IIT / IISc GATE Office Counters is FRI 09.11.2001
- Last date for receiving completed Application Forms at GATE Offices is FRI 09.11.2001
Date of examination: February 10, 2002 (Sunday), 0930 to 1230 hrs.