Dear Mentor:

Can I go to college in Canada after 5 years experience?

I am pleased to say that this website shows a clear picture for the students who opt to study abroad and helps them in finding correct way to land at their destinations. I have read the summary of student authorisation laws for Canada. I would like to know if a student can continue his studies for bachelor's degree in Canada after 4-5 years of work experience, and how a student can show that he has bindings with his residence country after completion of his studies. Thanking You.

Work before College for Canada, India

Dear Work before College for Canada:

First of all, we would like to thank you for your kind words. To make the iMahal services even better, we would very much appreciate it if you and others in our iMahal audience could:

  1. Sign up for an account with iMahal. Through this sign up, you would have access to the free iMahal Email and the free iMahal Messenger. iMahal Messenger integrates ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and other instant messengers into one portable instant messenger.
  2. Support and help promote iMahal by encouraging your family and friends to use the iMahal services and sign up for an iMahal account. You can also encourage them to tell their friends as well.

Working before going to college is not uncommon in countries like Canada and the US. The fact that you have worked for a number of years is not an obstacle to pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Canada. As usual, your admission would be based on your past academic performance, the TOEFL (Test of English as A Foreign Language - a standardized entrance exam) score, and letters of recommendations.

As you are probably aware, your prospective school would issue necessary documentation for a student visa at the time of offering you admission. You must take this documentation, along with other necessary paperwork such as proof of finances, to the Canadian immigration authorities in India at the Canadian High Commission or nearest Canadian Consulate. During this process, the Canadian immigration authorities want to ensure among other things, such as adequate financing, that you would return to India upon completion of your studies. There is no particular way to show your "bindings" to India, as a result of which you would return to India. Just be consistent and sincere in your answers - whether through paperwork or through the interview process - to the Canadian immigration authorities. There is no other evidence you can offer as a guarantee or proof. The Canadian officials would determine, based on all the information they have collected, whether you really mean what you say.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!