Dear Mentor:

For an MS in the US, do I need more than a 3-year degree?

I have done my BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) from Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh. I want to do my Master's in the States. I need a 4-year degree program but mine is only 3 years. Will you please suggest me if I need to do any prerequisites over there in states, and write GRE and TOEFL? Please give me information regarding this.

BCA to MS in US, Andhra Pradesh, India

Dear BCA to MS in US:

Typical requirements for an MS in the US include a 4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent college/university education. For other than 4-year engineering degree programs in India, the schools in the US typically require a Master's degree from India for admission in an MS program. Accordingly, you would have to finish your Master's in India to obtain admission in an MS program in the US.

Most schools require at least the GRE, if not the TOEFL as well, as part of the admissions requirement. You can take the standardized entrance exams - such as GRE and TOEFL - anytime and anywhere you like. Most schools require that these required entrance exams be taken within the past 2 years.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!