Dear Mentor:

How can I get financial help now to continue my studies?

I am an Indian undergrad student at the University of Akron, Ohio. I really need financial help to continue my studies. Please help me.

Need Money Now, Ohio, USA

Dear Need Money Now:

First of all, iMahal is a portal specializing in Education and Careers; that is, we offer information and guidance on education and careers. We are not a scholarship or financial aid fund; thus, we do not entertain requests for financing education.

All colleges and universities in the US have a Financial Aid Office. You should contact yours to seek financial assistance. If you can not reach a satisfactory resolution, you may wish to consider working part-time and going to school part-time. If however you are an international student and not legally authorized to work in the US, you have serious challenges. You must have promised and adequately demonstrated to the US immigration officials that you can sustain yourself financially during your stay in the US. Unfortunately, this is the time to fulfill your promises and obligations. We have seen many international students who get into this difficulty after arriving in the US. These students feel that they can find a way to finance their education, only if they can get to the US. This is simply not true. Being less than forthright with immigration officials to obtain a student visa and then arriving in the US is simply asking for trouble. The risk is too high and penalty too harsh to justify such tricks.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!