Dear Mentor:

How can my H4-visa friend continue in the US?

I found iMahal website extremely useful. I am a software engineer working in a leading company. My friend is in USA. She is married and has got H4 visa. She is a 1999 Engineering graduate from Madras University. She would like to continue her studies as a part time or full time learner. If you have any information in this regard, please send me information on studies and financial assistance. I will be grateful to you if you can send the complete information.

Dear Friend, Chennai, India

Dear Dear Friend:

We wish to thank you for your kind comments about iMahal.

For those not familiar with the H4 visa in the US: spouse and unmarried children under 21 of an H1B visa holder are eligible for H4 visa. A person on H4 status is not allowed to work unless the person gets a change of status from the US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) from H4 to H1B status. H1 visa is a temporary residency and work visa.

The information you are requesting is already available on iMahal: please visit the iMahal Education Section on the US. It is true that you or she would have to do further research on prospective colleges, and this effort must be yours or hers. We do not, and can not, offer free personalized research service. This Dear Mentor column will post a question and provide an answer only if it will benefit all our readers.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!