Dear Mentor:

Can I get admitted without TOEFL or GRE?

Can you give me the name of university, in the USA or Canada, which gives admission without TOEFL and GRE? Can you give me information about a university which offers English language course in USA or Canada (means gives I-20 on English language course)?

Need I-20, Ahmedabd, India

Dear Need I-20:

For those not familiar the I-20, here is a brief description. For international students, the school issues I-20 to the student for obtaining the F1 student visa at a US embassy or consulate in the home country. When the Consulate is satisfied with the application, they stamp the student's passport. This stamp along with I-20 allows the student to enter the U.S.

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and GRE (Graduate Record Examination) are entrance exams required for students wishing to study in the US or Canada. All international students wishing to pursue a Bachelor's degree program are required to take TOEFL - yes, even for a program in English. TOEFL determines the basic level of English knowledge and comprehension deemed required to operate in an academic environment in the US and Canada. GRE, as the name suggests, is required for all students wishing to pursue a graduate degree in certain programs, such as in Engineering, Computer Science, Sciences and Humanities.

We are not sure what you mean by an English language course. We at iMahal deal strictly with degree programs. We are not aware of any university that would waive their fundamental requirement of TOEFL and/or GRE.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!