Dear Mentor:

Where can I use the CMA accounting certification?

I am a Commerce graduate and an Associate of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (AICWA). I wish to take the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) conducted by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA). Is my qualification adequate to take the test? Is the CMA certificate recognised in Canada and Australia? How do I start to register and take the test?

Anywhere but India, India

Dear Anywhere but India:

We answered an earlier question from you in substantial detail (Dear Mentor:). As we had suspected earlier, you wish to do anything and anywhere but in India. And we wish you luck! We also encourage you to do some research on your own. For example, we easily found information on the web, which you could have found yourself rather easily.

We direct you to the official website of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA). You can see for yourself whether you have the qualification to take the test and what the process is. We do not feel the need to rewrite the information for you since it is readily available on the web.

Accounting practices are country-specific. Thus, gaining certification in one country would not automatically allow you to work as certified accountant in anther country.

Dear Mentor: Mainpage More Questions and Answers


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!