Check Out Our Sponsor

Dear Mentor:

Where in the US can I get an MS in automobile engineering?
Archives (more questions)
Ask Dear Mentor:
Submit a Question

I want to know the universities in the US where there is MS in automobile engineering. I am a mechanical engineer and preparing to take the GRE [Graduate Record Exam] and TOEFL [test of English as a Foreign Language] by December.

Auto Engineer, Madras, India

Dear Auto Engineer:

An educational program in automobile engineering is rare in the US, if it actually exists. We are not aware of any college or university that offers a masters degree in such a program. Even the Kettering University (formerly General Motors Institute, a pioneer in the automobile education) does not offer a program in automobile engineering. The concept of automobile engineering is either too narrow or too broad, depending on your point-of-view. Automobile engineering is a combination of traditional disciplines such as industrial engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, and more exotic disciplines such as safety and environmental sciences.

We recommend that you find an engineering MS program that has some extra focus on automobile engineering. Typically this is in mechanical, industrial, or electrical engineering. Many schools offer courses within the MS program that relate to the design and engineering of automobiles. You can find the List of Engineering Colleges & Universities in the US in the iMahal Education Channel.

There are also other options to pursue. For example, automobile engineering masters degrees are more common in Europe:

These are only a few examples. There are also automobile engineering programs in China.

Read Dear Mentor:
Archives (more questions)
Ask Dear Mentor:
Submit a Question


Forums    Rani & Raja    Pals    Events

Tell a friend about this webpage! Subscribe to iMahal Newsletters
Search Help