Studying in America and Canada  

6.4.5 Quebec Immigration Requirements

Your educational institution will give you all necessary information about the procedures that apply in Quebec. If the country where you are living is served by the Quebec Immigration Service (SIQ), you should apply there for your "Certificat d'acceptation du Québec" (Quebec Certificate of Acceptance, or CAQ). Otherwise, you should apply for your CAQ at the the Regional office of the Ministère des Affaires internationales, de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec (MAIICCQ) that serves your educational institution in Quebec. The Regional office will contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate nearest you to confirm the approval of the CAQ.

The following persons who plan to study in Quebec do not require a CAQ:

  • students chosen under a Canadian government assistance program for developing countries;
  • students enrolled in a part-time course of studies;
  • students enrolled in intensive French or English courses for less than three months and at least 20 hours per week; and
  • students enrolled in a general interest course in a private school.

Requests for information may also be made at MAIICCQ's information service in Montreal by phoning (514) 864-9191.

prior |  Book Contents  |  Chapter Contents  | next


   Search Help

Tell a friend about this webpage!