The Largest India-Centric Directory
Nirvana of Directories.
Religion > Hinduism >
- Avatars - The Avatars Page, about the many avatars.
- Animals of Indian Mythology - Ancient Indians had recognized the animals' right to co-exist with man and therefore they were loved, nurtured and even worshipped. In order to impress upon the commoners about their importance, the animals were given the status of gods and goddesses.
- Encyclopedia Mythica: Hindu mythology. - The index file for the area on Hindu mythology.
- Absolute Authority on Ancient Indian Sciences - Mantra Tantra Yantra Vigyan magazine contains articles on Mantras, Tantric Procedures, Yantras, Astrology, Sadhnas, Yoga, Ayurveda, Meditation, Hypnotism, Numerology, Palmistry, Alchemy, Occult sciences etc. It provides practical ways to attain Spiritual Perfection stage (Poorna) and remove tensions, worries and problems using Puja, Sadhnas and Dikshas etc.
- Allexperts Hindu Religion Q&A - Volunteer experts answer your detailed one-on-one questions about the Hindu religion for free! Answers confidential.
- Atam Marg: Gateway to Spiritualism - Atam Marg is a monthly spiritual magazine published in Hindi, English and Punjabi. It has real life experiences of people who have travelled the spiritual path. It is shipped all over the world to its members every month.
- Cradle Tales of Hinduism, by Nivedita - *The story of Shibi Rana or The Eagle and the Dove *The story of Dhruva, a myth of the Pole star *The Judgement-Seat of Vikramaditya *Prithvi Rai: Last of the Hindu Knights, the Indian Romeo and Juliet
- Devi: The Great Goddess - " ... this web site looks at the six aspects of the Indian goddess Devi. The site offers additional information on the contemporary and historical worship of Devi ... "
- God in Hindu Dharma and Representation in Temples - Comprehensive set of articles and illustrations taken from Hinduism Today
- Ganesh, the benevolent hindu god - Information and resources related to Ganesh.
- Glossary of words in Gita - Atman (Soul), Brahman ... The Creator of the Universe, Dharma (A must read for all young and old) and Dukkha (Sadness) ... The hidden meaning of Which were not clear to you ! Now explained to you by Vijay Kumar...The man who realized God in 1993 !
- Hindu Festivals - Learn about hinduism and get some great info on hindu festivals.
- Hindu Mythology - This site contains sacred and not-so-sacred stories, customs and beliefs from ancient India.
- Hindu Tantrik - Site contains a lot of information on the history, practices and mythology of Tantrik thought and beliefs.
- Hindu Religion Details and Links - More about Hindu religion and others from India site.
- Hindu Webring - The only Hindu webring connecting all the Hindu web-sites. With many members this webring certainly increases hits to the member-sites and provides various services, resources and activities for members. It provides a one-stop source of information on Hinduism to visitors.
- Hinduism Today Online - Online edition of an international monthly magazine about Hinduism. Great resource.
- India for children - A family visit India at Diwali time. They tour parts of this great country before celebrating the festival.
- Indian Mythology - Indian Mythology has been spread over the whole of the universal history. Right from the stage when even the universe was not created or evolved, there are references of the creation.Out of the millions of Gods Vishnu, Rama and Krishna and their very many avataras (incarnations) have found their references in the history of Indian Mythology
- Indian Mythology in a Nutshell - The Trimurthies trimurthies are the three Gods known as Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. The three gods are responsible for the fate of the universe. Brahma is its creator, Vishnu its preserver and Shiva its ultimate destroyer. Beautifully illustrated article.
- India Travel Promotion Network - Places Of Worship In Northern and Central India. Directory resource of Indian Temples.
- ISKCON.NET - A H a r e K r i s h n a N e t w o r k - ISKCON.NET - A Hare Krishna Network
- Kamat's Potpourri - Topics on Hindu Mythology, Artifacts and Dieties - Index of topics at Kamat's Potpourri on Hindutva
- Lord Krishna - Lord Krishna Over five thousand years ago, Lord Krishna advented Himself in Mathura, India
- Mumbai Kovil for Ganesa - Siddhi Vinayakar Kovil - you pray and he grants all the wishes in Mumbai, India.
- Murugan Bhakti: The Skanda-Kumara Website - A comprehensive site concerning the pan-Indian god Skanda or Murugan and his cult both in Sanskrit and Tamil sources.
- Myths and Legends of Indian Temples - Comprehensive and fascinating site detailing Indian Temple Myths and Legends such as the Cosmic Dance of Shiva
- Major Deities in Hindi Pantheon - List with notes on each deity.
- Mirror of India - Main mythological traditions and related visual imagery of Hinduism and Buddhishm in India and Tibet. Includes Vishnu, Shiva and Devi. Very good images.
- Mythology Stories of India - Part of Indo-Links Kids-Corner - with lovely re-telling of the stories such of the origin of Ganesha, the Ramayana and more ...
- Non Hindu Indian Gods - with short descriptions
- Ramashram Satsang - Ramashram Satsang is a group of lovers and followers of Thakur Saheb Shri Ram Singh Ji, a great contemporary mystic.
- Real Bhagavad Gita Site - A comprehensive page on Gita with Real audio verses, FAQ, links & discourses with detailed descriptions, practical examples & humorous anecdotes.
- Sree Mahaganapathy Temple, Koovappady - This is the home page of sree mahaganapathy temple koovappady. Here you can find the history, festivals and various information about Mahaganapthy Temple and Hindu Festivals celebrated in South India.
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple - Famous temple of Lord Vishnu in south India near chennai is one of the famous temples of India.
- Sani - In Hindu mythology, Sani was identified with the maleficent planet Saturn
- Sri Varaha-avatara - Sri Varaha-avatara the pastimes of this third avatara of Lord Visnu
- Templenet - The Ultimate Source of Information on Indian Temples - A comprehensive website featuring more than 2000 temples from India with pointers to their historic, cultural, architectural and travel related information.
- Table of Hindu Gods - with short descriptions
- Tribute to Hinduism - This site catalogs thoughts of world-renowned intellectuals regarding Hinduism, recommends books for further reading, and provides useful links for further research.
- Vaishnava Faith by Prophet Srimanta Sankaradeva - The Vaishnavism religion introduced by Prophet (Mahapurusa) Srimanta Sankaradeva, a refined Bhagawata dharma or religion
- vedic.shaktis.astrology - Vedic Shaktis Astrology includes info on Mantra Yantra, Tantra, GMT Indian Calendar, Rasi Names, Horoscopes, Astrology lessons, Hindu Festivals, Temples,Swaminaryan, Jyotish, birth chart, Hindu Panchang.
- web site of Universal Peace Foundation, founded by Tirumurthi Maharishi Paramjothiyar. - Teachings of Tirumurthi Maharishi Paramjothiyar, Founder and Gurupiran of Universal Peace Foundation. Includes material on kundalini yoga meditation and higher spiritual truths.